Wednesday, December 28, 2011

RTW Top 5 books of 2011

                Every Wednesday YA Highway ask a question Road Trip Wednesday.  This weeks question is:

What were your top five favorite books of 2011?

I’ve already written reviews for these books so I’m not going to rewrite them but simply supply the links. 

Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead 

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

The Death Cure by James Dashner

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (okay so the 3rd book Beautiful Chaos came out this year but I didn’t want to have to wait when I read so just started)

Also adding in a 6th
The Dark and Hallow Places by Carrie Ryan which I read before I started my blog and haven’t gotten around to writing reviews for all the other books on my shelf I’ve already read.  So quick note on this book it’s the 3rd book in the series about a world filled with undead.  I have liked all the books in the series but I have to admit this one was my favorite of them. 

I love the darkness in Annah, her world is so dim but yet she keeps on hoping for light.  The undead are everywhere and even the safe zones aren’t really that safe when you think about it.  Those who have the power to keep you safe can do you harm, maybe even more harm than the creatures who want to eat you.  Then there is Catcher who is just as messed up as she is in his own way and they find a connection.  That and he holds the answers she’s spent so long both trying to forget and wanting to remember.  I very much enjoyed it and hope she continues the story, there is so much more that could happen next.

I have read so many books this year and it was so hard to pick just five.  I would recommend so many more.  Looking forward to another year of wonderful books.

No comments:

Post a Comment