Monday, November 19, 2012

Breaking Dawn Pt. 2

                So I saw this at the advance showing Thursday night and am sorry it took me so long to review it.  But I was feeling under the weather, thankfully it waited until post movie, and wanted to be at my best when I did review this amazing movie.


                There you have it.  My review basically in a nut shell.  A whole bunch of words and reasons saying how amazing it really is.  Yes, total Twi-hard here.  I love the books and as great as the movies are the books always better, however, this one came so close.  Yes, gasp, you read that right.

                First this movie had all the stuff from before.  It picks up with Bella waking up a vampire.  She is newborn strong and has some trouble controlling her new found power at first.  She is so happy finally a feeling like she fits in, for one but also she has a family.  Things aren't always great, worry and jazz about Reneseme and all.  Then there is the Volturi, yep they are a bad set of vampires, are on their way to right an injustice.  This calls to ban together others to witness on their behalf.  Will their band plus the pack be enough or will all out war ensue?  That is the question.

                This movie is very quick.  Everything moves along never stopping.  There are so many of the scenes I was looking forward to seeing played out and some that we only heard about being from Bella's POV.  One in particular features Jacob and Charlie.  HEHE I just got all giggly thinking about that again.

                Now aside from that anyone who has read the books and saw the trailer can see a major chance, one that can alter the whole story.  Yeah I was skeptical when I went in both nervous and excited for it.  Well let me tell you I was blown away by the movie.  I liked the change.  Now don't get me wrong I was with everyone else who was shocked silent or to tears or well both.  Me, me who can see things coming and in part I did was surprised.  Now here is where I can't say much, being as anti-spoiler as I am, but I will say it was amazing and fit so well I feel like I was in the book.

                For those of you who have seen it then you know the part I'm talking about.  It was good to see it if only for the hehe moment at the end.  Plus for me the action was well paced and very fitting.  The book, as much as I love it, did always feel a bit anti-climatic that is not the case by any means for the movie.  I for once can't think of any particular scene from the book that I was dying to see that wasn't in there.  Everyone did a great job and I loved getting to know the other covens as well.  It was a great look at some of the different types.    Now the wolf pack, minus Jacob, didn't get screen time in human form in this one but it's amazing how you can feel so attached to even a CGI wolf.  Though at the end of the movie in the credits they give a nod to everyone, from all the movies all the main characters. 

                This was a great note to end on though it saddens me deeply.  This series was special to me because this is what got me reading again all through meeting friends who recommended it as a young Moonlight love story.  I found passion again to read and so many great memories and friends from our midnight showings. 

                I can no wait to see this movie again and I'm counting the days until it comes out on DVD so I can watch it again and again.    I give this movie 5 stars if you had any doubts.  So check it out and tell me what you think.  I can't quit talking about it.  If you have seen if what did you think?  Did you spaz out at that one aforementioned part?  

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to see it this Sunday! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it so much - now I'm really excited to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah I'm super excited for you to see it lol. I have seen it again now.

      Delete
  2. Oh. My. Gosh. Yes! I can't wait for the DVD to come out! SO GOOD!!! And you're right, the movie flew by. :)

    ReplyDelete