Thursday, May 30, 2013

MOVIE TIME!!!

                Hello again everyone!  So I realized the other day looking over my blog and thinking of ways to make it better and post more frequently when I realized that I haven’t done a movie review in a while.  I couldn’t believe it.  The last movie I reviewed was The Host, which is not the last movie I saw by any means.  So this weekend I have seen Fast & the Furious 6 and Star Trek: Into Darkness and I wanted to share that with everyone.


                With Fast & the Furious 6, some are thinking, ‘when is enough, enough’, others, ‘keep them coming’.  Me, I range somewhere in the middle.  I’m all about watching the movies and their sequels as long as they are good.  If you go downhill and are only making a sequel for the sake of making a sequel don’t do it.  I’m also not a huge fan of any sequels that only keep the name but none of the cast, basically a remake with a few plot changes and new characters (Bring it On’s, Step Up’s, Cinderella Story’s, etc I like them but really they are not what I would pay to see each time).  The Fast & the Furious movies have all been with the same cast, if you don’t count #3 Tokyo Drift as it is so out of order with the other movies.  Anyways they all focus on the 1st original movie and all that followed.

                I really liked this movie; it might even be my favorite one thus far.  All of my favorite characters were in it, Brian, Dom, Letty, Mia, Roman, Tej, Hann, Gisele, and even our latest member, Hobbs.  Plus there was a story to follow.  At first I was concerned, Letty alive.  How are they going to make this happen and be believable?  Well they found a way. 

                It had all the best things of the others, friendly banter and jokes, fast cars, racing, crashing, things going boom, and oh yeah crazy vehicle stunts.  I can’t really say much about it.  If you liked the others then clearly you must go see this one.  If you are concerned it won’t be any good, my recommendation is to take a chance and go.  It was a good time and I can’t wait to see it again.

Rated:  5 Tanks

                Switching gears to another action sequel, only this one is more Sci-Fi, Star Trek Into Darkness.  I was never a Star Trek fan, I only ended up watching the first one because at my old job where me and my co-worker were kept in a small room for 12 hr shifts , she decided she was going to put it on in there and well I didn’t have any other options so thought ‘oh well’.  To my surprise I did like it.  Not enough to want to watch the old series but enough to be excited for the 2nd movie. 

                So that being said I have no idea if the movie was true to the show.  I had it pointed out to me by a true fan of the show that the first one apparently blew away the space time continuum by blowing up a planet.  So to that I cannot help with.  As for the movie, it followed up nicely to the first one and I liked how they kept the same characters.  Sure I didn’t get little inside jabs that my Trekie counterparts did but hey I still liked the movie.  The story was easy to follow and I was invested in the outcome because I did like the characters.  I did also like Khan, played by Benedict Cumberbatch.  I knew he’d looked familiar from the trailer but I couldn’t place him until the movie started.  Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, he is Sherlock on the BBC show Sherlock.  He has that same attitude that he is clearly smarter than everyone and no just because he’s cocky but well because it’s kinda true.  He has a way of pulling it off that I just adore and it transferred over to this as well.  Is he good or evil.  The story line was also intriguing that it was filled with moral decisions and what is really right or wrong type of things and that has always interested me.  Plus you have chases, action, and drama.  All and all it was a good ride.

Rating: 4 Starships

               
                So there you have it!  New movie reviews!  Yeah and coming soon I have just finished my ARC of The Pirate’s Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke and will be reviewing that soon (Friday or Saturday I hope) so stay tuned.  As always comments always welcome, tell me what you think!  What would you like to see more of on here? 


No comments:

Post a Comment