Sunday, February 16, 2014

Fates by Lanie Bross

                So I'm catching up with a couple of reviews in one because between my wonky internet and me being just plum tired at night I need to catch up.  First we have Fates by Lanie Bross.  Thank you to NetGalley and Random House Children's and Delacorte Press.   It’s a story of a about fate, obviously, but more about how fate really does come to be. 

One moment. One foolish desire. One mistake. And Corinthe lost everything.

She fell from her tranquil life in Pyralis Terra and found herself exiled to the human world. Her punishment? To make sure people's fates unfold according to plan. Now, years later, Corinthe has one last assignment: kill Lucas Kaller. His death will be her ticket home.

But for the first time, Corinthe feels a tingle of doubt. It begins as a lump in her throat, then grows toward her heart, and suddenly she feels like she is falling all over again--this time for a boy she knows she can never have. Because it is written: one of them must live, and one of them must die. In a universe where every moment, every second, every fate has already been decided, where does love fit in? 
               
                I enjoyed the story .  It moved along rather quickly and the characters were interesting, even crazy at times.  The enduring part was that the characters made jokes about it, "Why do I have the urge to caress her check when she tried to kill me?" I believe I connections and all but plain stupidity if you don’t register that part.  Corinthe was a bit harder to get to know, she was a bit cold but I could appreciate that in the story given what and who she is.  Though I still found myself more interested in Luc by far. 
                There was also a vast amount of different worlds to discover.  Each one unique and different offering different things that entice the senses.  The burning world with two suns and moons, the lush world of blood nymphs, and so much more.  I don't want to give to much away but I am eager to see what happens next with Luc and Corinthe, even Rhys. 

                I give this book 3.5-4 starts given it was a bit slow to start and had a few moments throughout that seemed to drag a bit but overall I liked the book.  So have you read the book?  What are your thoughts?  Do you believe in fate?  That everything happens for a reason?  

No comments:

Post a Comment