Monday, June 29, 2015

Ready. Set. Write. Week 4

                Welcome to Week 4 of Ready. Set. Write.  Simple is the name of the game. 


How I did on last weeks goals: Well I missed last week given I was sleeping most of the day after returning from UtopYA super late/early.  But the last goals I had went pretty good.  I had a blast at UtopYA and did learn a ton, made tons of new contacts and friends, and had such an amazing time I can't even put into words.  I know some of you asked for details, to keep this short I made a brief post about it and filled it with tons of pictures and a swag giveaway open until Tuesday which you can see here!  I also haven't posted the lip sync videos anywhere but Facebook due to my lack of knowledge on uploading them and Blogger saying they are too large. 

I did not post a chapter in my Fanfic as I was so busy having fun there and honestly being home has just zapped me.  Apparently being out there and open when you're normally more of an introvert takes a lot out of you.  I did get about halfway through the chapter I want to post and I have the rest plotted out just have to get it rolling again.

I didn't work on my WIP at all thought.  But at UtopYA several people gave me an idea for another story and I have been writing down ideas and notes for that so I'll count it as a half win.

I also technically did my posts/reviews but it was also an extra week in there so I feel there should have been more but the signal in Nashville was kinda crappy for everyone so I honestly didn't even take my computer out of its case.  I was in my room to drop off books/swag, refuel, shower/change, and SLEEP.

My goals for this week: 
·         Work on a new short story that came to me Sunday and see if it could develop into more than a short story as I'm kind of unsure just yet but I don't want to lose it. 

·         Finish and post the new chapter in my Fanfic that I didn't do.

·         Again: Write at least one scene on my original WIP story so I don't lose momentum.

·         Finish the 2 books I'm reading along with a friend this week (The Darkest Minds & Shadow & Bone) as well as at least one of my TBR books I got at UtopYA.

·         Make a schedule for some upcoming events I want to host on my blog and do at least 2 reviews!


A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised:  What I have currently is just notes for a new story but the idea/project others mentioned was something I thought about previously.  A collection of short stories about the crazy and insane time as a 911 dispatcher for a small southern county.  Thoughts?

The biggest challenge I face this week:  Coming back from vacation and trying to readjust my schedule.  Also remembering all my work passwords (seriously I have like 8 different ones that have to be changed at different time frames which make it hard enough to remember on a good day let alone after a week of no use).

Something I love about my WIP:  That I have all these new ideas running through my head and so much determination to FINISH them.


That’s it for this week.  

22 comments:

  1. I hear you on the password struggle. I have six or so different ones and if I don't use a certain account for a while, I am in trouble! And yay for all the ideas and all the determination! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's insane! I have a ton of personal passwords for my different accounts and I try to be good about changing them and not using the same ones and jazz but then work with its passwords changing every 28/42/72/90 days and a couple that don't have a pattern on changing is insane. How are sane people supposed to stay sane and remember everything?

      Delete
  2. I can only imagine what kind of stories you have from being a 911 dispatcher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea people are crazy. Hopefully if it turns out well everyone will know though :)

      Delete
  3. New ideas are the best! It's awesome that you're so excited about them and determined to see them through. Hope this is a productive week for you, Eve! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I hope to start strong tonight at work.

      Delete
  4. The 911 dispatcher book sounds like a great idea, particularly considering all the folks who misuse 911 and call about ridiculous stuff like not getting pickles on their hamburger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was about 85-90% crazy are you kidding me stuff and only 10-15% legit calls.

      Delete
  5. Oh, passwords. Between home and the day job, I have lost count on how many I have. Good luck on getting back on track from vacation. It's always a difficult transition for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a struggle normally day back from vacation when you haven't thought about them in over a week...it took a while to get logged in!

      Delete
    2. I bet. I was away from work for about 5 days once and I actually forgot where I left the list too.

      Delete
    3. Well it's good you had a list unlike myself who just thinks I'll figure them out...this method needs some improvement.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you had a blast at UtopYA! I think networking with others from the writing community is so important and definitely warrants a week off from RSW. Glad to hear you came back brimming with new ideas. If only there was more time to work on them, right? Good luck with your latest goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! I just got home in the AM Monday and then after getting a couple necessary things out I passed slap out and didn't do anything but watch some TV all day and more sleeping!

      Delete
  7. Auuggg... password changing. A never ending battle here. LOL.

    Best of luck on your goals this week, it's never fun to leave a vacation and dive back into work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was and I don't think anyone likes returning from vacation. If only we could win the lotto on vacation right!

      Delete
  8. It is tough being "on" all the time, especially for us introverts. Glad you had a great time at UtopYA, going to check out your other post now. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't even feel like anything at all but once I was alone in the room or even with my roomie I just became exhausted and I didn't know why at first until I heard others talk about the same thing.

      Delete
  9. The 911 dispatcher idea is fantastic! Would be incredibly unique and realistic since u r experiencing it first hand.

    Good luck on this week's goals! I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had thought about it before when I worked at a call center between dispatching positions and everyone used to ask about it and loved to sit by and hear the stories but thinking of writing them seemed silly but now feels right. I just have to find the right way to tell them (order/format/etc)

      Delete
  10. I would love to read shorts about a 911 dispatcher. I think that's genius. Also. UtopYA sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy everyone seems to like the idea. Makes me that much more excited about it.

      Delete