Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Wednesday Review of...Wednesday by Clare James


                Happy Hump Day!  It's review time and today I am going to be talking about Wednesday by Clare James.  I maybe did choose to review this book on a Wednesday for funs sake.  I was contacted by the publisher and provided a copy for an honest review of this NA Romance, it's full of more adult themes and sexy fun times so recommended for a more mature audience.  Just as a warning to any wee lassies reading. 

                A brief idea of what Wednesday is about.  Moving back home at the ripe age of 21 Aria never expected to be raising a toddler on her own already married and divorced.  Her life was much different than her friends from school who went wild at parties and waking up in different bed.  She had bed times and messes to clean up while studding to be a nurse.  All of that was fine.  Until she started running into her former best-friend Tristan, who has his own issues he’s back in town dealing with like a sick father.  Both happen to have Wednesday nights off, free of their normal responsibilities.  Running into him, even though she was sure he hated her, he made her feel like who she used to be.  So he makes an offer.  Her.  Him.  Alone at the beach house every Wednesday able to lose themselves and take what they needed from one another.  Seems simple enough, though the line between love and hate is very thin.

Rating: 4 Stars

                This books was a quick fun NA read.  I flew through it in a few hours and enjoyed the story.  I found the characters to be interesting and relatable.  I liked Aria from the start seeing what she was dealing with and respecting her values.  I was a bit leery of Tristan at first.  I thought he had turned into a bit of a douche really but as the story progressed and I learned the whole story he grew on me quickly.  And I really wanted to know more about the past they shared and found myself wanting to flip the page to see what would happen between them next. 


                The idea of the book, a enemies with benefits type of thing was interesting.  I liked that they both needed that day for release from their lives.  The story grows and unfolds and we learn more about the characters and the sexy fun times were pretty steamy but did not fill every page leaving plenty of room for a good story.  I would recommend this to anyone who likes a good second chance story or even just a good steamy NA Romance.  This review is short so as not to give away too much but I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.  If you had one day away from the responsibilities and pressures of your current life what would you do to unwind?  Me?  I wouldn't mind a Tristan but honestly I'm such a nerd I'd curl up with a book or sleep.  Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun read. I'll have to see about adding it to the tbr :)

    If I had one day away from responsibilities and pressures, I would probably sleep in, then read, binge on tv, and all together just take a break from adulting :P

    ReplyDelete