Wednesday, March 16, 2016

~Waiting on Wednesday~ Queen of Hearts

                “Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.  Basically books that are not yet out that we are dying to get our hands on.  This week’s pick is:

Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes
Out: 5/3

From Goodreads:
                As Princess of Wonderland Palace and the future Queen of Hearts, Dinah’s days are an endless monotony of tea, tarts, and a stream of vicious humiliations at the hands of her father, the King of Hearts.  The only highlight of her days is visiting Wardley, her childhood best friend, the future Knave of Hearts—and the love of her life.

                When an enchanting stranger arrives at the Palace, Dinah watches as everything she’s ever wanted threatens to crumble.  As her coronation date approaches, a series of suspicious and bloody events suggests that something sinister stirs in the whimsical halls of Wonderland.  It’s up to Dinah to unravel the mysteries that lurk both inside and under the Palace before she loses her own head to a cleaver and faceless foe.

                Part epic fantasy, part twisted fairy tale, this dazzling saga will have readers shivering as Dinahs furious nature sweeps Wonderland up in the maelstrom of her wrath.

                Familiar characters such as Cheshire, the White Rabbit, and the Mad Hatter make their appearance, enchanting readers with this new, dark take on Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.

Why I’m Waiting:
                I have really enjoyed all the different fairy tale twists I’ve read so far so and I really love the Alice and Wonderland take on things the world is just so vibrant there is so much that can be done with it.  I’ve always hated the Queen of Hearts I mean she is vicious!  So a different take on her or at least before she was the Queen of Hearts and giving her depth sounds like fun.
               

                What are you waiting on?  Tell me below what you think of this title and leave a link to your WoW as well so I can check it out!

8 comments:

  1. I am pretty sure I have this on my Kindle already with another cover. It does sound interesting so I will have to check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard someone else mention that as well. I'll have to look it up now I'm curious!

      Delete
  2. There have been a lot of Alice retellings lately. Hope you enjoy this one.

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen a trend where they pop up together! Same for different movies and jazz but I'm all for it!

      Delete
  3. I'm reading this one next week! So excited, because I haven't read too many retellings of Alice in Wonderland. I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week, Eve. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I hope we both enjoy it. I know I love me my retellings!

      Delete
  4. I have this on my waiting list too. Hope we both enjoy reading it! :)

    Renee My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I love knowing one story and seeing something completely re-imagined but that seems to fit perfectly.

      Delete