Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Longest sitting TBR books!

                Hello everyone!  Top Ten Tuesday is just how it sounds, a topic is picked and we put our Top Ten for that in a post and share and check out everyone’s answers.  Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

The top ten today is: Longest sitting TBR books (before blogging)

Okay this is kind of depressing how many books are sitting on my shelf unread.  More so now as I contemplate the issue of packing them up and moving them.  Still as I look at my shelves I know some have been sitting much longer than others.  Here are 10 of the ones sitting for the longest time.

Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters #1) by Michelle Zink- I was new to buying books and found Sam’s Club had some pretty good choices (then at least) and they were cheaper than the book store (before discovering Amazon) so I picked up this one with a pretty creepy cover.

Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan- I only finally bought this series two years ago but I’ve been meaning to read them since well before when the first movie came out and I knew they were books.  Planned to read them this year and finally catch up…not going so hot.

Infinity (Chronicles of Nick #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon- I saw them around and was new to the book world and heard a couple of good things and bought them…still haven’t started

Tiger’s Curse (The Tiger Saga #1) by Colleen Houck- Okay so I wanted to read these because I LOVE white tigers they are my favorite animal and one of the covers has one on the cover that’s how I found them.  Then I heard some friends talking about how awesome they were…just haven’t read them yet.

White Cat (Curse Workers #1) by Holly Black- Okay so another Sam’s Club buy that looked interesting and I know lots of people enjoy this series I just haven’t started it.  I have read another book by her though that made me even more interested in this one.

Need (Need #1) by Carrie Jones- Pretty cover and it sounded interesting at the time though I don’t remember what it was supposed to be about.

Incarceron (Incarceron #1) by Catherine Fisher- Okay so this sounds old but the cover was what drew me in.  I love old school keys they look so cool.  Also I hadn’t really read many YA books at the time so figured futuristic prison sounded new and exciting.

Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts- An end of the world story where they aren’t trying to fix things or save the world just make the most of what’s left.  Sounded different.  It was even a group read for my group at one point but things got crazy and I never started it.

Thirteen Days to Midnight by Patrick Carman- Pretty sure I was browsing the books in Walmart with a friend one day and just decided I needed this one because of a blurb or something. 

Partials (Partials #1) by Dan Wells- This one was everywhere and I wanted to be on board with everyone but never got there.


                Some of these I still plan to trying to read others I’m on the fence about currently.  If you’ve read any let me know what you think.  Tell me what you think of my list in the comments below.  Also please link back to your Top Ten as well so I can check out your list and see what I missed!  

1 comment:

  1. I read Partials a long time ago and then decided not to continue with the series. I remember it annoyed me for some reason, but it's been so long, I don't know why now. I also have never started the Percy Jackson series which is a shame because I think I would like it.

    ReplyDelete