Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I read based on recommendation

                Hello everyone!  First one in a little while but happy to dive right back in!  Top Ten Tuesday is just how it sounds, a topic is picked and we put our Top Ten for that in a post and share and check out everyone’s answers.  Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke andthe Bookish.

The top ten today is: Books read because of a recommendation

Orchid Beach (Holly Barker #1) by Stuart Woods – My mom.  I started off reading her books in middle school before I fell out of reading for a while and she got me into it with a smaller series of her favorite author with the female lead who has an awesome dog!

Twilight (Twilight #1) by Stephenie Meyer- The book that got me back into reading as a college student by a good friend of mine who doesn’t do social media!

Marked (House of Night #1) by P.C. Cast- Shortly after Twilight I was in love with reading again and needed something to dive into.  A friend had just purchased the first five books in this series and finished them and handed them to me to plow through. 

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter #5) by J.K. Rowling- Okay so I watched the movies for the first four and enjoyed them but never considered the books at the start but as I got back into reading again a co-worker (who I got started on Twilight) told me I had to read this one before the movie came out the next month so I did.  Yes my OCD about order was strong but I read through them in order eventually.

Red Queen (Red Queen #1) by Victoria Aveyard- Bogdana The Booknerd told me about this one.  She hadn’t read it at the time but was just so excited about it and what she’d heard she put it on my radar.

The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy- I was addicted hardcore to some Moonlight fanfiction back in the day, I still love it but it’s not as many active/new ones, and one of my fav stories used this as a spin and talked about it in the comments.  So the diligent reader that I was checked it out of my local library.

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children #1) by Ransom Riggs- This one was recommend to me by YouTube and Jessie the Reader.  He talked about it all the time always saying to read it so I did!  I need to see the movie ASAP!

A Reliable Wife by Robert Gollrick- A friend and I were just getting into reading a lot and recommending things back and forth and a guy at her local book store recommend this one to her.  She told me about the recommendation and when I saw it I picked it up, nothing like what it was sold to her as but I still enjoyed it. 

The next two were recommended by the same person:

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare- The movie was just announced and she was talking about how much she enjoyed them while we were at a midnight release line party and I figured we’d end up doing the same for it so I must catch up!

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades #1) by E.L. James- She also advised that I HAD to read it.  I was skeptical at first and fought it for so long but eventually I gave in.  My full thoughts on it can be found here.  Also side note trailer for Fifty Shades Darker is out now….


No comments:

Post a Comment