Friday, March 2, 2018

Duty Bound (Angelbound Origins # 0.5)

                Hello happy readers!  So a new release this week that I snagged a copy of early Duty Bound (Angelbound Origins # 0.5) by Christina Bauer from NetGalley is out as of this week!  So this is a prequel novella so it is an extra fast read.  Seriously I sat and read it in one sitting as soon as I downloaded it.  I've loved everything in this world and was happy to go back to the beginning.  I think it can be enjoyed as a first book (as it is story wise) or as an added bit of backstory for fans of the series as is.  

Rating:  5 Stars

                So as many of you know I love the Angelbound series by Christina Bauer.  Both the Origins  and Offspring books.  I adore this world that has been created and I love the characters in them and how fast they read.  So when I found out there was going to be a prequel novella from Lincoln’s POV I was on board.  First more books!  Second…Lincoln’s POV!!!   So this is what it is, the story of from Lincoln from his time in Purgatory prior to the official meeting with Myla.

                This is a fast read.  Not only is it novella length but it also follows the suit of all the other books in the series keeping pace with action and intrigue.  I loved getting to see things from inside Lincolns head.  He had a very specific way of seeing things and I can only imagine how that changed even further as he opened himself up to more.  His views on Purgatory and marriage in general caught me off guard.  The idea of him not wanting to marry for love and never expecting to find love blew me away knowing the love and relationship he ends up with.  I totally get it though as it plays out and I really enjoyed seeing this piece of him.  Plus his first reaction to Myla, before ever meeting her was priceless.  I also loved seeing his and Walker’s relationship having heard of it before but never seeing them one on one.

                So this was fast and quick but totally worth the read.  I highly recommend it to any Angelbound fan!  It’s a great insight into our favorite Thrax prince! 


                Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment