Wednesday, April 4, 2018

~Can't Wait Wednesday: Circle of Ashes (Wish Quartet #2)~


                Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Wishful Endings.  Waiting on Wednesday has been don for some time so I am switching it up for now!  Basically books that are not yet out that we are dying to get our hands on.  This week’s pick is:

Circle of Ashes (Wish Quartet #2) by Elise Kova & Lynn Larsh
Out:  4/9

From Goodreads:
                Every wish has a cost but will the society be willing to pay it?

                Once a hacker-for-hire living in the shadows, Josephina “Jo” Espinosa is the newest member of a magical Society.  Their mandate?  To grant the wishes of mortals.  A simple enough task until Jo is faced with an impossible wish – and her inability to grant it might spell disaster for her entire team, if not the Society itself.

                Jo is used to high-pressure situations, but after a string of disasters, the last thing she needs is stakes of this magnitude.  Especially given that neither she nor the Society know quite what the consequences of failing to grant a wish might be.

                The only person with answers is the Society’s aloof and cryptic leader, Snow.  Yet while Jo is enigmatically drawn to the man, all their clandestine encounters leave her with only more questions about the true nature of the Society, her magic, and her own history.

                Time is running out for the Society, and an executioner will rise from among them to exact the price of failure.

Why I’m Waiting:
                 I just finished book one in the read alone and I am super excited to see what happens next.  There are so many questions and I want to get to know the characters and this world of wishes better.  I love that the titles are coming out pretty close together too! 

                What are you waiting on?  Tell me below what you think of this title and leave a link to your CWW as well so I can check it out.

24 comments:

  1. I like that you read book one and are ready to jump into book two. Sounds like something I'd enjoy, so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right it's really helpful and you don't have the wait between to forget anything!

      Delete
  2. Oooh I like the sound of this book with the wishes and everything. I definitely need to check out book 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome cover! I'd not heard of this new one by Kova. That's neat that she is co-writing. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a great day, Eve. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am hoping to read it release week here's hoping my schedule lets me ;)

      Delete
  4. This is such a great series!!! I can't wait to read this.

    My CWW Pick

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read the first book yet but I've heard so much about Elise Kova! I'll have to look into the first book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still think I might like the Loom Saga the best but I am really enjoying this one too!

      Delete
  6. I need to pick up the first book in this series. Love Elise Kova :D Hope you enjoy it!
    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cover. I need to pick up the first one. This author is really picking up speed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! This series sounds awesome! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to see where it goes!

      Delete
  9. AMAZING pick, Eve!! LOVE the cover, and the plot sounds SO exciting!! I'm adding this one to my Goodreads shelves right away!! Thanks for featuring this book!

    Thanks as well for commenting on my own CWW!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome! I hope you get to it and enjoy it like me!

      Delete
  10. I do think it has a fun premise! And cool that you liked the first one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know wishes are something we all do and it's fun to see this take on that.

      Delete
  11. Oh hello lovely cover and equally lovely and intriguing blurb! I am off to find book 1 -- I am sooo taken with this blurb -- a maigcal society who grants wishes! LOve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha book one is called Society of Wishes and it's a super fast read!

      Delete
  12. Ohhhh sounds interesting, I haven't heard of this one!

    ReplyDelete