Wednesday, April 11, 2018

~Can't Wait Wednesday: Mirage (Mirage #1)~


                Hey all sorry for being a bit spastic this last week but my best friend has been in the hospital and she just got out the other day so my last few days between work I have been spending time with her and I have thus let some things slip behind.  I am sorry but getting back on track now.  

                Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Wishful Endings.  Waiting on Wednesday has been don for some time so I am switching it up for now!  Basically books that are not yet out that we are dying to get our hands on.  This week’s pick is:

Mirage (Mirage #1) by Somaiya Daud
Out:  8/28

From Goodreads:
                In a star system dominated by the brutal Vathek empire, eighteen-year-old Amani is a dreamer.  She dreams of what life was like before the occupation; she dreams of writing poetry like the old-world poems she adores; she dreams of receiving a sign from Dihya that one day, she, too, will have adventure, and travel beyond her isolated moon.

                But when adventure comes for Amani, it is not what she expects:  she is kidnapped by the regime and taken in secret to the royal palace, where she discovers that she is nearly identical to the cruel half-Vathek Princess Maram.  The princess is so hated by her conquered people that she required a body double, someone to appear in public as Maram, ready to die in her place.

                As Amani is forced into her new role, she can’t help but enjoy the palace’s beauty—and her time with the princess’ fiancé, Idris.  But the glitter of the royal court belies a world of violence and fear.  If Amani ever wishes to see her family again, she must play the princess to perfection…because one wrong move could lead to her death.

Why I’m Waiting:
                 Body doubles and evil rulers….I am having a Man in the Iron Mask feel for the moment….just saying. 

                What are you waiting on?  Tell me below what you think of this title and leave a link to your CWW as well so I can check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds really good and loverly cover. Enjoy!

    Great cover and book blurb. Enjoy !

    Renee ~ My Wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's so eye catching you want to know more :)

      Delete